Sunday, 28 July 2013

Things you don't want to see

Last week our friend Abby who was staying with us was not feeling well, so she stayed home from our little fellowship. Judah stayed as well so he could get in a good nap for the day. On our way to our fellowship Jake and I were laughing and talking to Little E in the car. Ours laughs quickly faded as we saw a man carrying his child covered with a sheet. He/she not much bigger than Little E down to the river to be thrown in, for burial. We didn't talk almost the whole ride. Everything can be so in our faces! We talked about later, "I wonder how She/he died? It was probably something that could have been prevented, like malnutrition or disease?  Or maybe not who knows. Could we have helped them? We don't know them and have never seen them before." All I could do when I got out of the car at our fellowship was with tears in my eyes hug Little E and thank TBMU for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment