For people who don't know...Threading is a form of ancient hair removal from Chai Country that is gaining popularity in the West. They use thin, twisted cotton thread which is rolled over the eyebrows and other areas of unwanted hair, pulling the hair from the root. It sounds painful but is actually less painful and faster than tweezing. (when done correctly) ... Also. it only costs pennies to get it done in Chai Country.
Well, the other day when we got it done it was unusually painful to me and after I kept saying to Jake...my eyelids are burning and swollen...This morning I woke up to find small scabs and cuts on my eyelids. I guess they broke the tread too many times and cut my eyelids.
My nice eyebrows but cut eyelids
Close up of the cuts. They feel like paper cuts on your eyelids...not cool.
Little E helping M show off her nicely threaded eyebrows



Ooooowwww! I've done threading here but never been cut like that. Ouch! I always leave bright red though and it stays like that for hours. ~Mary
ReplyDelete