Thursday, 17 May 2012

Epilepsy

Yesterday I had a little episode with lightheadedness and dizziness so Dr. Toni put me on strict bed rest for the remainder of the day. Today they took me down to a major city to get an MRI and EEG.  My MRI was clean(which is good no tumors or abnormal obstructions) but my EEG showed that I do have Epilepsy. Due the the fact that I had a tonic clonic (grand mal) seizure on Sunday as well as the seizure last year they are starting me on the medication tomorrow. They also said that the Migraines I have experienced regularly since I was a small child are from this as well.  I am not allowed to drive until Judah is 6 months old.  I also cannot be left alone with Judah until he is 6 weeks old and that is if I have NOT had another seizure. We are still planning on having Judah in Capital at this point. We will travel to Capital in the next 2 weeks to talk to the Dr there who will deliver Judah and in turn make our final decision. Please pray for us as that we make wise decisions for our family.  I will write more later as I am super tired from this long day of travel.

5 comments:

  1. Michelle Smith17 May 2012 at 13:25

    Continuing to pray, Melissa! This must all be impossibly difficult to handle but I trust God is right by your side in all of this and will protect you, your babies and Jake :) Hugs from the Smiths <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for all of you Melissa - so sorry for this challenge - may you feel the presence of Jesus through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you Melisa and are praying for God's strength, peace, comfort and wisdom. So much information and much to process.

    I know you know God has a plan for you in all this. So rest in Him as He reveals what your future is. Remember,He makes "All" things beautiful in His time.

    Hugs,

    Auntie Pearl xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, wish I was up in the mountains with you right now to give you a big hug. We are praying for you. I will call you a little later today. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa! I'm praying... God give you grace and wisdom and joy in the midst of all of this!

    ReplyDelete