Thank you for all the prayers! We can feel them and have been at peace and not freaking out at the moment (which would be very easy to do being in a 3rd world country with all of this going on) At this point the Dr's have ruled out any pregnancy related issues and due to the fact this is my 2nd seizure in 10 months as well as having a history of Migraines and a malformation I have been diagnosed with Epilepsy.
At this point I am on strict bed rest for 2 more days (since in Walmart land or anywhere else but here I would still be in the hospital due to how severe the seizure was) I will then be on bed rest for at least 2 more weeks 'till I can be put on Anti-Convulsant medication. The reason for the wait is because I am 25 weeks pregnant and even though the side effects of the medication should not effect Judah after 25 weeks we just want to wait 2 more weeks to be sure. If I have another seizure like the last one it could potentially give Judah or I serious damage...the meds will help prevent this. During this time we will have Dr. Toni (a foreigner working here in Chai Country) monitoring Judah and myself....She and her husband are currently sharing a home with us as we are all attending Gibberish School here in the Mountains.
After we begin the meds we will have to make a transition to Capital for 3-4 months till after the birth and then be monitored for 6 weeks after that. The other option would be to fly home to await Judah's birth but we think a transition back to Walmart Land (especially the flight) would not be best for Melissa's health at this time. She and Judah will be monitored very closely in Capital prior to and after his birth. This will include the time of transition for Melissa to the meds as it may be 'trial and error' for awhile until she finds out which kind and what dosage works best for her with the least amount of side effects, etc.
At this point please be VCing for...
Melissa to get through the next 2 weeks without a seizure till she can get on the medication.
For our family during this time of transition.
For wisdom that if something does happen again we can be prepared with the next steps.
For ministry to start in Capital while we are there.
We will keep you updated as we know more.
I am thinking of you during this time!
ReplyDeleteDear ones - we have been agonizing and hurting with you through this ordeal. Praying for release, peace, healing, confidence - trusting Jesus to be near. We love you!
ReplyDelete