Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Lies x2

This is an update to my post from a few days back... "The reality of living in Chai Country"

Since then I have been asked for money twice by the same girl. Finally I had to ask my neighbor to talk to her, since she was trying to charge us double for something. My neighbor had to tell her it was wrong to charge us double just because we are foreign. (DiDi had said the same thing to the girl last week but she didn't listen because DiDi is lower caste)

Later the same day, the guard came back saying he needed 400 rupees to fix my electricity, I was hesitant so I called MR to find out what was going on. The guard had told us the neighbors gave him 400 rupees last month to fix the same problem and it had happened again. Still after the things he had try to pull this week to get money, I was not sure I could trust him. I called my land lord who said "No" he shouldn't ask for money, but if you want to tip him give him 100 rupees. I had to be sure he was lying so I asked my neighbors if they gave him 400 rupees last month, they said no we gave him a 100 rupee tip. My heart sank I wanted to believe the best but deep down I new he was lying again. It hurts that sometimes the people we are here to help and love take advantage, lie, and try to get what they can from us. I guess If I didn't have the TBMU I would try the same thing. So then we press on loving anyways even when it hurts.

As I write this a tiny monkey is play on the balcony out side, and Judah is being a doll baby sitting next to me in his bounce seat.


1 comment:

  1. I love reading your updates. I hate that it happens more with Jake being gone. I bet you're looking forward to his return, not only for that reason of course.

    ReplyDelete